Vintage and Thrifted: Skirt, heels, brooch and purse!
I hope everyone is having a pleasant week so far. I finally found some time to squeeze in a new blog post. Yay! So for this post I decided to review my New Year's resolutions, here we go:
1. Thrift Shop Less: I must have gone thrift shopping almost three times a week er every week this passed year. Sure most of the times I would walk out empty handed and I always tried to have a budget.This year, I would like to go maybe once every other week. My goal is to appreciate and make the most out of what I already have. So this hasn't change one bit...I have a good excuse! Since I am unemployed, I have dedicated more time on selling vintage under my Instagram shop (@shopretroglam). And it has been so much fun and exciting. As you may know a lot of what I sell, I find it at the thrifts. So most of what I buy are items that will ultimately be sold in the shop.
2. Read More Books: My goal is to read one book a month. I'm still reading the same book that I started reading last year. For this I blame school. Although, I have been more committed to reading it and I am sad that I am almost done with it, but excited to soon choose a different book.
3. Stay Organized: This means no more piling magazines in random corners of the apartment/house. I need to take care of anything that will pile up if I don't right away. Sadly I still have piles of magazines around the apartment. I did find them a new reader, I just need to mail them.
4. Eat/Live Healthier: It hasn't been easy but I have finally cut off drinking sweet drinks on regular days. I need to drink more water, eat less junk food at school, learn new recipes, eat out less, cook more, make wiser decisions when eating out, stop having seconds, and set exercise regiments. Yes, I have been doing all of the above! I have been cooking lots of lentils lately.
5. Lose 40lbs: That is how much I gained when I got married. Talking about weight loss is not easy, but there are tons of reasons for me to lose the weight specially after my health scare last year. I am down 9lbs!
6.Use Savings Account: I never learned how to save money, crazy! This is the year. I will need to work on this soon.
7. Send More Greeting Cards: I always thought about mailing cards to different people last year, but I didn't do it. I haven't mailed a single card :(
8. Hangout More: This means spending more time with my family and friends. Yes, I have been doing this!
9. Spent Less, Give More: This not only relates with how I manage my money, but also with how I manage my time. I want to volunteer more. If I had more time I would volunteer more, currently I have been helping at the school I did my student teaching. It has been fun!
10. Spiritual Growth: I want to continue to grow in my faith through prayer and reading the Bible. This year I have been going through some tough struggles with my health and I couldn't be more glad to have my faith to hold on to. I have definitely been growing in my faith and in my relationship with God. I need to read more, but I have been spending more time in prayer.
Woah! This was tough, but sometimes it is good to stop what you are doing and observe where your life is headed. This is something that I would like to continue to do. As a future teacher, I have learned the value of continuously reflecting on my teaching. Like wise, as a person, reflecting on my personal goals and where I'm at will help me to reach them.
Have a lovely week!